Monday, February 22, 2010

Meant to post about our last cruise...

..Time got away from me.

John and I had a very fun cruise over Thanksgiving to Grand Turk (gotta wonder what 'Little Turk' looks like), St. Maarten and Puerto Rico. I would not recommend the ship though - Holland America Westerdam; it just wasn't one of the nicer ships we've been on and even the food was not particularly good. The room, however, was a gorgeous upgrade with a great balcony - about 3x our normal size.

What struck me the most was, the moment we walked on board, I noticed that I was surrounded by 2,000 Gert and Joes. John was definitely one of the youngest passengers on board. We both spent most of the cruise helping these darling little old people. I was always picking up something or straightening lap blankets, etc. John would see these folks scratching their heads in front of the non-intuitive coffee machine every morning and would punch the right button or them. They were always most appreciative...

About the 5th day on board, I actually awoke earlier than John and went to get coffee - now, this was the first time I'd done it so, I'm sorta waking up, sorta scratching my head as I stand in front of this non-intuitive machine and punching 'buttons' on the machine that are not buttons. Quite sadly, and much to my dismay, a younger person came up to help me. I was appreciative...

We did have a great cruise and had these wonderful pictures taken. We both love these. We had so much fun. We have so much fun every single day. How wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...