Friday, March 12, 2010

Another day in paradise

Only a new convertible owner will put the top down in the snow! That's John in his new ride - it looks like the daddy to my mercedes. Beautiful car and already is proving to be a lot of fun.

Got Mom out yesterday to get her nails and toes done - about time . We headed off to the Home Place to look for new pictures for the newly redone kitchen but to no avail. I did, however, under much duress, buy her yet another tray on which I am to serve her coffee and snack in the afternoon (yes, those are her words, not mine). As we were going through the store, Mom was trying to buy about everything. Just as I seem to love tote bags, she's got a 'thing' for trays, pretty plates, and coffee mugs. Now, I have so many coffee mugs that I just purged the cabinet of the clunky ones - we both are into bone china (yes, we're fussy about our coffee cups). But, I noticed the amusement of the fellow shoppers as I, once again, took something out of her hand and said 'We really don't need that.' She'd grab it back with a 'Yes, we do.' Which explains why we now are the proud owners of another tray, another pair of scissors (well, we did need that....), some beautiful tea towels (didn't need) and a lamp which doesn't go with the green in the living room. And, we never got our pictures that we went in for. Figures.

Below pictures are proof that she can still make a mean chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...