Saturday, November 22, 2008


Didn't have any new pictures uploaded so chose one of my favorite of Killian - note to self: Never leave Killian with Bobbi and a can of mousse.....
Well, where last we left it, Mom and I were going back to the eye doctor for, we hoped, stitches removal. No go. We have another appointment this coming Tuesday where, hopefully (fingers crossed), she'll get the stitches out. She's still in a fair amount of pain which I've been dulling with tylenol #3 (having used all of the percocet she had). I joined her in a tylenol #3 party two nights ago when a large wooden bowl (thanks a lot, Uncle Al...) fell straight onto my foot. Thought my toe was broken but appears to only be a painful bruise. Sure am glad it ended up being just a bruise - would have been a huge bummer to try and hobble around the house with another broken toe.


Sophia and her sister are coming over today to hone their oatmeal/raisin cookie making skills. Her sis is heading to Australia to visit her friend and said friend has requested oatmeal/raisin cookies. So, we'll be in the kitchen most of the afternoon. I'm glad they'll be here as Mom really does perk up when others are around. I tried to get her out last week to go shopping with me, but she was so pitiful looking when I asked her to come with me that I caved in and let her stay home.
John set me up with a nice fire in the new woodstove before he left this morning to head back to WV. The dear is working with his father on completing the basement of the Mansion West (that would be the cabin in WV). Should be very nice when done. It's something I've wanted to do from the very first day I bought the place. I'm thinking of taking Mom up there over Christmas - we did this last year (Bobbi came up) and had a great time, just relaxing. It's so pretty up there. And quiet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...