Friday, June 5, 2009

On blogging, or, well, not...

Ok, I hear you people! I've been very remiss about updating the blog so will try, again (sigh), to be diligent and post at least a few times a week.

So, what's been going on at the Mansion East? Not a hell of a lot! Gert is doing quite well - with the break in the weather, I actually got her to go out twice last week. One day, we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond where she bought me a nice quilt and bedsheets for my birthday. Then, we tottled over to La Mex where we sat at the bar (whiskey sour for her, marguerita for me) and chatted with the other locals. Had a great time. Today, we have planned to head over to do some off-track betting at the Cracked Claw - we'll, hopefully, go for lunch and place a few bets while we sit there. The real reason for the outing though is to place a few bets on the Belmont Stakes race - Mom and I will take any opportunity to gamble!


Picture to the left is Mom watching a video on the computer - I just thought it was a cute mix of the old and the young.... The other pic is not a particularly good pic of Mom but it highlights the choice little dog sitting spot in the house. If Matee isn't on the back of Mom's chair, Rita is. Can someone please tell me the exact date and time when we lost control?!

Bobbi, John and I spent a nice happy hour last week over at the Comus Inn which is over by Sugarloaf Mountain (it's the closest we get to a 'real' mountain at 1282 feet....). Anyway, happy hour was great - started inside as it was dribbling rain then the sun came out, right in time for sunset! Nice time was had by all

For my birthday, Mom took John, Sophia and me over for fondue to The Melting Pot. If you haven't been there, it's great! It's one of John and my's favorite spots. What I didn't think about though was that I would end up cooking Mom's dinner anyway that night as the poor thing couldn't quite reach the pot in the middle of the table! Had a lot of laughs though. She's so much fun to have around.

Last weekend, Sophia stayed with Mom Saturday night while John and I took the boat down to Cambridge for the evening. He gave me a night in a gorgeous B&B just 1/2 block from the marina where we left the boat. We walked the town, had dinner on the water at Snapper's (ok food, better location - tiki bar was great though and they have a 'beach' area where you can sit in Adirondack chairs in the sand). The next morning found us drinking hot coffee on the front porch of the old B&B which is actually older than my house by 10 years, having been built in 1847! Anyway, we sat on the beautiful front porch and watched, with a bit of dismay, at the deluge occurring outside. I was a bit concerned about how we were going to get home as I didn't have coverage for Mom for Sunday night. I figured, if worse came to worse and the weather didn't break, I could rent a car and just drive it. Anyway, as we considered the options, the weather broke into a fabulous day! We powered the boat to the Bay and then spent the rest of the day sailing around. We stopped outside of Chesapeake Beach, anchored the boat, threw a float overboard and hopped in after it. Water was a nice temp - 71.5 degrees which was just perfect for a few hour float. We also met up with a great friend of John's, Alfonso, who has a new gorgeous sailboat (pictures follow). We sailed along with him for awhile before pulling down the sails and motoring over to the marina where we stowed the boat and went to Petey Green's Restaurant for a fabulous dinner of fresh crabs (well, for me at least - John's too much of a weenie to pick crabs...). I saved all the claws and brought them home for Mom as she just loves the things. So, the weekend was incredible....

I've still been writing for eHow - actually made $98 last month - woohoo. Hell, it's a few happy hour cocktails! Here's a list of the latest since I last blogged - head over, read them and share them with your friends (please!) - as you'll note by the last few, I'm very into blue crabs this year!

How to Get In Shape For Just $75


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...