Sunday, April 11, 2010

eBay-itis...

Oy, do I have it bad! I got started playing around with selling some crap (er....treasures) on eBay and now I don't appear to be able to stop! Niece Monya is helping me hone my selling instincts, which, for any of you who really know me, are pretty good in the first place. John has threatened to take us to Vegas just to go to the Pawn Stars store so I can bargain with Big Hoss. He thinks that would be fun. Sad sense of humor...

Anyway, so far, I have a nifty wooden salad bowl for sale, Vintage (1960s) 11" Haiti-made wood salad bowl/extra, along with a Lladro statue that has been collecting dust: Lladro 1421 The Debutante and Original box - FABULOUS,  and some Careprost eyelash solution which is the same as Latisse but I can't say that one eBay: Careprost longer eyelash solution + applicators -   it's a bit like fishing to me and a whole lot of fun. I'm resisting the urge to do dumpster diving today but I'm seeing a new pasttime for Gert and myself.

Now, the real problem is that I decided to visit some yard sales yesterday, specifically to find things to put on eBay. Niece Monya assured me that there was cash in them thair junk. So, off I go...

Long story short, I now am the proud owner of a plant stand ($3), 2 nifty purses ($2 each) and a 'vintage' (read: old) hand crank beater that I just thought was cool ($4). Of course, I don't have plans to sell any of my new treasures. Mom was rolling when I walked in the house - she said she knew that was going to happen. Live and learn.


I've got a dog down with a hurt wing - Killian. Ugh. And, it appears as though it might be rotator cuff tear which is about to be very expensive - wonder if I can sell him on eBay. Ok, ok, all of you dog people, I'm only kidding. I was the one who rescued him from the vet's office when he was taken there to be put down 8 years ago. No way I'd let him stay there - he didn't know that though and was a big, trembling baby who was hugging my knees when we were at the vet. The thing though is that, since I have to keep him 'quiet' for 10 days (no running, jumping or merriment of any type), I've had to walk him on short walks for the last 3 days - the amazing part is that he's tuning back up and listening and responding to me much better. Of course, I knew all of this from my years of dog training but just sort of got lazy and, with a nice backyard and a gaggle of dogs to play with, I didn't really think he was missing our one-on-one time. Little did I know that, not only was he missing it, but so was I. Have had a few really nice rambles with the boy. I believe I'll continue the trend even after his wing is healed. My wallet and I are really hoping there's no surgery involved.

My new camera continues to delight me. I love this picture of Rita, even if it is a little overexposed. And, this is my new favorite picture of John. I'm so glad I finally got this camera - I think a lot of good photos will be forthcoming once I learn how to use the thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...