Sunday, January 9, 2011

Playing catch up - again

Time just seems to get away from me on blog postings although I've been busy watching a lot of movies and writing reviews on my new blog - Good Movies For Senior Citizens. John gave Mom an Apple TV box which does amazing things including channeling in YouTube, Apple TV, and Netflix. We've become dependent on NetFlix over here as, during the weekends at least, there's not a lot on local TV to amuse Gert.

But, there are some updates to be had so here we go:


Christmas Eve found Gert surrounded by friends at the dinner table where an interesting dinner was served. I decided to combine pieces of Thanksgiving, Hannukah, and Christmas all in one so we had: green bean casserole, potato latkes and ham! Very interesting presentation but, man, it was good. Jeff, Mark, John, Gert and I feasted for a few hours at the dinner table. We really had a fun time just sitting around and talking. Mom loves when people are over as it breaks up our routine (which is doing nothing). In fact, just this morning when I was getting her coffee she looked at me and said 'I think I'll lay low today...' Of course, this cracked me up as I'm not sure how much 'lower' we can lay...Anyway, onto more catchup.

Later in the evening, we had to show Jeff and Mark John's new recumbent table - this thing is just too cool if you have back issues. You simply hang upside down for 3 minutes a day and, like a miracle, back pain dissipates! Amazing.

In between Christmas and New Year's, Greg brought over his son to visit for a while. Cute little sucker and very active. He loves dogs though although just a few returned the favor. It was nice seeing him though and having drop by guests.

New Year's Eve found John, Gert and I having a toast to a healthy New Year, our wish for all of our friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...