Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dinner is served....

....And delivered!  Ron and Linda came by last night with a roast that she made in the crockpot. It was almost too good and made without salt so it can be done (I'm just not too good at it yet..). The roast had sweet potatoes with it - what an interesting (and delicious) idea. Such a nice gift - I felt like I had the night off.

We sat outside and chatted for a while and enjoyed the backyard which is quite glorious these days. We've gotten a lot of rain and the flowers are just spilling over their pots on the deck.

The mansion is getting air conditioning and, at this moment, the kitchen is done. Each room will have its own control which is very cool (pun intended) so I no longer have to air condition or heat 5 bedrooms. And, I just can't wait to get rid of each and every window unit. Anyone need a few? I have two new ones that I, quite thankfully, will have no use for after Saturday.

I've been doing a lot of writing over at Squidoo and its starting to pay off as I made 5 sales so the cash is starting to flow. Since eHow discontinued the writer's program, I've been wandering around looking for new writing sites and Squidoo seems to be the cream of the crop at the moment. It's also a lot of fun to use and I get to be more creative than on other sites. I finally got one of my Squidoo lenses in the top tier which means it's ranked in the top 2000 articles. If I manage to keep it there a month, I'll get between $20 and $30. I'd appreciate any backlinks anyone can give me to this article:

Dessert shooters - the new mini dessert craze

Please pass it on.

Gotta go. I hear my own personal "rolling thunder" moving around upstairs (that's mom's walker!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...