Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fresh as an old daisy

Yesterday was shower day. I'm always amazed at how gorgeous Mom's hair is - it's as snowy white as can be. Me? I'm gray....Yep, she's done that to me...

The lilacs are from the garden; they're great the first day I bring them in the house as the fragrance is like nothing else (until the roses come in!). But, they shed those little pieces all over the place - what a mess. Sadly, I don't have an animal in sight who will eat them off the floor....

Low salt diet is coming along well. John found some english muffins that are only 40 mg a half. Made her a chicken sandwich on one for lunch which was declared 'bland' so sprinkled it with fresh basil and some Mrs. Dash for chicken. Not too bad, if I do say so myself. I also mixed up another pot of chicken soup with rosemary and thyme for seasoning. I will add just a bit of chicken bouillon to that though so it will be low sodium still but, really, chicken soup can't be 'no sodium.' I usually make a chicken soup so good that even the chicken gets well but, alas, those days are over. I'll just have to get more creative.

I've got some cooking planned for this coming week. Am going to make shrimp scampi over noodles which she really likes. It freezes very well. I'm also going to try a chicken pot pie which is one of Mom's favorites but has over 1400 mg sodium per serving in the prepackaged ones. Can't do that! So, I'm off to try some experiments this coming week. I'll keep you readers posted as to what works and what doesn't (I'm hoping the former out weighs the latter but am really not sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...