Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gertie vs. the Dentist...


Queenie holding court outside
The Dentist won. In just 30 short minutes, the root of the tooth that broke off was extracted with no pain. I have the best dentist in the Washington, DC area - he's incredibly skilled and has a very soft manner with patients. Dr. Chan in Kentlands. Great dude.

So, I drove to the office and forgot her wheelchair! Shoot! Luckily, they had one so crisis averted. I got her settled into the dentist chair and was grabbing my Macbook to head to the lobby to do some research. I told her I'd be in the lobby and she just looked at me with that damned hang dog look. Dammit! I asked her if she wanted me to stay and 'yeth' was the soft reply. So, stay I did. But, letmetellya, dentistry from the other side of the chair ain't pretty. I spent a lot of time working on my computer and reading a book - ugh....

When the offending root was finally in Dr. Chan's grasp, he held it up and proclaimed, "Look Lori - got it!" I looked up and, ugh....A 94 year old tooth root ain't pretty although I think he thought it was. So, one small stitch later, we were on our way home.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you are just getting a lesson in everything aren't you? Denistry can be your next career path. Ugh is right. Gert looks like she's enjoying the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...