Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another Email List..

Ok, one of my oldest friends (well, she did just turn 50 but I meant longest around - 40 years now) sent me this. I'm not sure if she remembers that I was bred a Jew but I remember she's 1/2! So, Sharon, here's my answers.... (That's Sharon and her darling son, Dylan, on the left)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually Safeway shopping bags. If I feel like going fancy, I add a twist tie...Isn't it the gift that counts? Oh, wait, it's supposed to be the thought....I always get that wrong

2. Real tree or Artificial? Had a Chanukah bush once but, with 5 dogs running around anything with bark inside the house is way confusing (pun fully intended).

3. When do you put up the tree? ** See #2 above.

4. When do you take the tree down? ** IF I put up a tree (you're not listening....), it would come down after the first dog pee...

5. Do you like eggnog? ** Is this a Jew question designed to throw me? Of course I like eggnog - but, I prefer to just hold the eggnog and serve the brandy

> *6. Favorite gift received as a child? ** Ah, one I can answer. That would be our first basset, Wrinkles, given to us for Chanukah when I was 6. Mom and Dad put a red bow around his collar. They gave him to the family but, it was clear from the very first day that that dog was mine - the start of many bassets. In fact, I used to raz Dad that it was his fault I'll always have a smelly, thick headed basset instead of a nice Lassie-type dog.

7. Hardest person to buy for?: Sophia. She's just impossible!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Me. I find it quite easy to spend double my daily allotment on myself during the holiday shopping trips.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? ** I'm not exactly sure what this is but I sleep nude.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Ha ha ha. This is a great one. Requires no response.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Tough call but, an ex-relative (thank the Lord for small favors) once gave me a 3" stone carved elephant which wasn't even from India. I wondered about the statement underlying..

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Well, I don't watch many movies but I think that SNL skit about Chanukah Harry is pretty hilarious

13. When do you start shopping? I actually shop all year. See #8 above.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Um......NO (is that the correct answer?). I have, however, been the receivee of a few - see #11 above

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy corn - No, WAIT - wrong holiday....Potato Pancakes.

16. Lights on the tree? WHAT TREE????

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, that would have to be that Snoopy song about the Red Baron. You know the one - it goes....la la la la, um, hmmmm, hmmmmm, hmmmmm....Well, everyone knows that song...

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home, home, home!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's (and don't cheat by looking them> up)? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet ,Cupid, Donder, Blitzen &> Rudolph -

Note to readers: I stole that from Sharon's answer. But, it just figures that she'd remember them all. She's the type who practices all year. I'll bet $20 she knows the Dwarfs too.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? ** Ok, just ONE more time - THERE IS NO TREE.

*21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I'm the type that sneaks around and opens them prior to Xmas, if I can find them. The problem with this is that the givee usually knows about this as I 're-wrap' in Safeway bags...

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Getting generic Xmas cards. Hate those things. Don't even open them.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Eh, I'm a fan of blue.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner ? Candy corn.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Here's Sharon's reply: Sounds corny but Peace and Prosperity and Good Health (and, the thing is, dear readers, she's being truthful).

Sounds just like her, doesn't it?

Me? I have my eye on this diamond necklace down in the islands...or maybe that fancy BMW.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Oh, I pray no one.

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? See #26 above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...