Friday, January 23, 2009

Ok, now I'm into the video thing

Having a blast looking through old videos on the computer. The advent of digital cameras has certainly changed out lives, hasn't it?

Here's one of my favorite videos of Killian. He's an Australian Shepherd (about 2 years old in this video - he's 5 now), supposedly the 2nd smartest dog in the world (bested only by a Border Collie). I estimate his intelligence right around that of a 1.5 or 2 year old child. Sometimes, though, he's just incredible. Just last night, I was in the kitchen with Mom and asked him to go bring me a toy. The sucker walked right over into the diningroom where there were, still in the plastic sleeve, 3 toys left over from Channukah. Now, he's been wanting those toys, but my backyard already looks like a toy graveyard so I've been holding off giving them to the dogs. He walked right over to the bag, sat right in front of it, looked at me and let out a long (I think, disgusted) sigh. I just know what he was saying - 'LOOK! I told you I've wanted these a million times - can you just use your thumbs to open the package and give them to me?!' Mom and I were rolling. All 3 toys are now somewhere in the backyard - along with about $200 worth of other toys! I'm such a sucker for dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...