Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Key West! Here we come!

John and I made the final, executive decision to go to Key West for our 3 days of sailing after we pick up the boat in Fort Lauderdale next Thursday - we'll be at the marina at the left, right next to Schooner Warf Bar (Bobbi and my's favorite local dive). The allure of the Gulf, snorkeling at the reef, and always a breeze just made the final decision quite easy. So, seems like the perfect way to break in Namaste II for her maiden voyage. Very exciting. I'm getting the hitch put on the Explorer today so we can pull N2 on its trailer - quite an ordeal, especially when I try to talk about the 'thingee' I need. Anyway, finally found a mechanic who talked 'girl-speak' and am getting that taken care of. We've stocked up on all sorts of items to tote with us - of course, a martini shaker and stirrers will be the first thing packed in the dogmobile. We also bought a seltzer maker which is just a joy to have around. The thing makes miraculous seltzer which John and I just drink all day long. So, the rest of this week will be loading the dogmobile (should it be a boatmobile?) and preparing to leave next Tuesday when I'll hit the road for the (long!) drive down to Ft. Lauderdale. I'll be there a day before John and got an oceanfront hotel room for the night so I'll have just a bit of beach time. John flies in the next morning at 9 and then we'll head over to the marina for our orientation on Namaste. Will hang out in Ft. Lauderdale for the night and anchor out at a secluded spot for the evening before heading back to shore on Friday and driving to the Keys.

Took Barley and Rita to the vet today for checkups. Anyone getting a dog? Be PREPARED for vet bills. With 5 of the suckers, it's quite expensive. Luckily, it's worth it.

Gert's doing fine. Freshly showered and fresh as a, well, old daisy. Kasha and varnishes for lunch today which she totally loved. Tried to get her out for dinner last night but no-go, pretty much as I expected. Eh, you can't blame a girl for trying.

Here's my recent eHows (I've had over 11,000 unique views of my articles - cracks me up):

How to Train a Dog To Wake Someone Up

How to Clean a White Sink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...