Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wow!THIS was My Bad....

Yes, that clock says 3:45 and that would be AM!

Couldn't understand for the life of me why mom has been up and down all night. Lately, since I told her that my doctor said she had to keep her oxygen in all night so I could sleep, she's been better about staying in bed. But, not this morning....

I've heard my personal 'rolling thunder' starting up just after 1 am. So, up I go to explain to her that it's 1 am and this is just not an acceptable time for coffee. She's confused so I just gently put her back to bed.

At 1:45 am, I hear my personal 'rolling thunder' starting up. So, up I go to explain to her that's it's exactly 45 minutes after the last time she was up and it's STILL not an acceptable time for coffee. She's confused so I lead her back to bed.

At 2:15 am, I hear my personal 'rolling thunder' starting up. So, I run into her bedroom and exclaim 'WHAT are you doing? It's 2:15 am and it's STILL not an acceptable time for coffee. She's confused so I tell her to go back to bed.

At 3:45am, I hear my personal 'rolling thunder' AGAN! - WTF??? I go flying in her room, she's got her robe on with her right arm where the left arm should be. She's got her socks on, and she's ready to roll. So, this time, I'm not quite as gentle before and am almost pulling my hair out when I happen to look at her bedside stand - there's her sleeping pill and tylenol that I forgot to give her before putting her to bed.

This caregiver needs some care....

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lori...at some point you will look back at this night fondly. Maybe not this weekend though. Smile!
    I hope that you all get some good naps in today.
    I bet that those meds will never sit on the nightstand over night again. Lol.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great. I don't know how you remember anything! I wouldn't. Hope you have a restful day to make up for that unrestful night. Good luck! Hugs to both you and Gert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope someone cares about me this much when I get there! Deeeeep breaths and know that you will never have any regrets! Good job, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - Tell Gert she did good raising you which is why you are doing such a good job caring for her now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...