Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ziplining!

John surprised me yesterday with a date date of ziplining in Harper's Ferry! There's a new place there that's part agility course (had to cross a rope bridge which was scary and exhilarating at the same time), and ziplined across 7 different stations, the longest of which was around 1/4 mile. I had to be pushed off of the platform by one of the guides everytime - I now know what a baby bird leaving a nest feels like. I loved the ziplining but, for the life of me, I just couldn't rationalize stepping off a perfectly good platform 200 feet up in the air!

We were in a group of 7 - the other 5 people were together and then John and me but, by the end of the day, we were pretty united. It was 3.5 hours of pure fun! I can't wait to do ziplining in Puerto Rico on our next cruise. We even saw a beautiful bald eagle up close and personal as he flew about us, about 50 feet up. I missed the shot though as I was confused by my new camera. Figures. Here's a few pics and videos though:


As you can see, it was an amazing time. 

Anne and Eric from North Carolina were visiting for the weekend and we had a grand time getting reacquainted. Crabs on Friday night were stupendous - everyone had a great time. The house is quiet now as they've just left - so sorry they couldn't stay around a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments if you enjoy, hate or have any feelings about this post. It gets sorta lonely around here...